NHS Service, From Selby Dental Care
NHS Dental Care is designed for everyone, no matter what your age, or how long it has been since you last saw a dentist, everybody is welcome at Selby Dental Care.
We accept NHS patients as places become available, please get in touch with us to check availability.
It is our job to provide the necessary treatment to maintain a healthy mouth, teeth and gums, and we pride ourselves on the quality we offer our patients, alongside the vast range of NHS treatments on offer to all patients at our practice in Selby.
For more details and to enquire about our availability get in touch.
The Good Practice Scheme Quality statement
PRINCIPAL DENTAL SURGEON
Mr. Nazam A Nawaz GDC no: 82021
ASSOCIATE DENTAL SURGEON
Mr. Matthew Varley GDC no: 210421
Mrs. Petra Chandler GDC no: 85482
Miss. Naehali Shah GDC no: 229458
Mr. Robert McCormack GDC no: 67811
CLINICAL DENTAL TECHNICIAN
Mr. R Guscott GDC no: 117906
HYGIENIST / THERAPIST
Mrs. Emma Clayton. GDC No: 120688
This is the heart of the BDA Good Practice Scheme – Ten Simple Sentences that sum up everything the scheme stands for.
- 1. We aim to provide dental care of consistently good quality for all patients
- 2. We only provide care that meets your needs and wishes
- 3. We aim to make your treatment as comfortable and convenient as possible
- 4. We look after your general health and safety while receiving dental care
- 5. We follow current guidelines on infection control
- 6. We check for mouth cancer and tell you what we find
- 7. We take part in continuing professional development to keep our skills and knowledge up-to-date
- 8. We train all staff in practice-wide work systems and review training plans once a year
- 9. We welcome feedback and deal promptly with any complaints
- 10. Every member of the practice is aware of the need to work safely under General Dental Council guidelines
NHS Dental Charges (from April 1st 2017)
BAND 1 COURSE OF TREATMENT – £20.60
This covers an examination, diagnosis (eg X-rays), advice on how to prevent future problems, a scale and polish if needed, and application of fluoride varnish or fissure sealant. If you require urgent care, even if your urgent treatment needs more than one appointment to complete, you will only need to pay one Band 1 charge.
BAND 2 COURSE OF TREATMENT – £56.30
This covers everything listed in Band 1 above, plus any further treatment such as fillings, root canal work or if your dentist needs to take out one or more of your teeth.
BAND 3 COURSE OF TREATMENT – £244.30
This covers everything listed in Bands 1 and 2 above, plus crowns, dentures and bridges. Detailed information about each treatment band can be found in the NHS dental treatments section.
SELBY DENTAL CARE LTD
Code of Practice for Patient Complaints
In this practice we take complaints very seriously indeed and try to ensure that all our patients are pleased with their experience of our service. When patients complain, they are dealt with courteously and promptly so that the matter is resolved as quickly as possible. This procedure is based on these objectives. Our aim is to react to complaints in the way in which we would want our complaint about a service to be handled. We learn from every mistake that we make and we respond to customers’ concerns in a caring and sensitive way. The person responsible for dealing with any complaint about the service which we provide is Sue Hall, the practice Complaints Manager.
If patients are not satisfied with the result of our procedure then a complaint may be referred to:
Complaints Manager. NHS England, PO Box 16738, Redditch, B97 9PT
Telephone: 0300 3112233 or England.email@example.com